Splash 247

BW Group forms FSRU joint venture with Mitsui & Co

BW Group forms FSRU joint venture with Mitsui & Co

Array
(
    [0] => WP_Term Object
        (
            [term_id] => 80
            [name] => Asia
            [slug] => asia
            [term_group] => 0
            [term_taxonomy_id] => 80
            [taxonomy] => category
            [description] => This is the Splash 24/7 news archive related to the Asian Region. News are sorted by release date, from the latest to the oldest.

Find here the updated list of the latest news about Asia. Browse Splash 24/7 for more maritime and shipping news.

            [parent] => 55
            [count] => 6671
            [filter] => raw
            [cat_ID] => 80
            [category_count] => 6671
            [category_description] => This is the Splash 24/7 news archive related to the Asian Region. News are sorted by release date, from the latest to the oldest.

Find here the updated list of the latest news about Asia. Browse Splash 24/7 for more maritime and shipping news.

            [cat_name] => Asia
            [category_nicename] => asia
            [category_parent] => 55
        )

    [1] => WP_Term Object
        (
            [term_id] => 59
            [name] => Gas
            [slug] => gas
            [term_group] => 0
            [term_taxonomy_id] => 59
            [taxonomy] => category
            [description] => This is the Splash 24/7 archive related to the gas sector news coming from all over the world. News are sorted by release date, from the latest to the oldest. 

Get the updated list of the latest news about gas and logistics. Browse Splash 24/7 for more maritime and shipping news.

            [parent] => 54
            [count] => 662
            [filter] => raw
            [cat_ID] => 59
            [category_count] => 662
            [category_description] => This is the Splash 24/7 archive related to the gas sector news coming from all over the world. News are sorted by release date, from the latest to the oldest. 

Get the updated list of the latest news about gas and logistics. Browse Splash 24/7 for more maritime and shipping news.

            [cat_name] => Gas
            [category_nicename] => gas
            [category_parent] => 54
        )

)

Singapore’s BW Group has announced the establishment of a joint venture with Japan’s Mitsui & Co to jointly own the floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) BW Integrity.

Mitsui & Co has purchased a 49% share in BW Integrity, with BW owning the remaining 51% share and while also continuing to provide commercial and technical management services.

The FSRU is currently providing LNG regasification services at Pakistan’s Port Qasim under a 15-year charter to PGP Consortium.

“BW and Mitsui have a long history of close cooperation in many business areas and having Mitsui as a JV partner is a special relationship on which we hope to build for many years to come. It is our privilege to have such a well-established name in the energy and maritime investment spheres take an interest in one of our vessels,”said Carsten Mortensen, CEO of BW Group.

“Mitsui and BW have enjoyed a good relationship for many years in various shipping areas. The opportunity for us to enter the FSRU business is a very big step forward for our future business strategy. As a LNG receiving/regasification base project is an extension of the LNG shipping business area, it is important to acquire know-how of the FSRU business and to maintain effective relationships with partners like BW,” said Takeshi Setozaki, Mitsui & Co.’s chief operating officer of the Integrated Transportation Systems Business Unit II.

Yesterday, BW Offshore moved forward on a deal announced in April, closing an agreement with China’s ICBC Leasing, in which the latter has become an equity partner in FPSO BW Catcher.

Share this article

Jason Jiang

Jason worked for a number of logistics firms following his English degree, then switched this hands-on experience to writing and has since become one the most prolific writers on the diverse China logistics industry writing for a host of titles including Supply Chain Asia, Cargo Facts and Air Cargo Week. Jason’s access to the biggest shippers with business in China has proved an invaluable source of exclusives.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply