Splash 247

DOF Subsea abandons IPO plans

DOF Subsea abandons IPO plans

Array
(
    [0] => WP_Term Object
        (
            [term_id] => 70
            [name] => Europe
            [slug] => europe
            [term_group] => 0
            [term_taxonomy_id] => 70
            [taxonomy] => category
            [description] => Stay updated on what's going on in Europe by browsing the European region news archive. Find the latest maritime, offshore and shipping news on Splash 24/7.

Find here the updated list of the latest news about the European region. Browse Splash 24/7 for more maritime and shipping news.
            [parent] => 55
            [count] => 5126
            [filter] => raw
            [cat_ID] => 70
            [category_count] => 5126
            [category_description] => Stay updated on what's going on in Europe by browsing the European region news archive. Find the latest maritime, offshore and shipping news on Splash 24/7.

Find here the updated list of the latest news about the European region. Browse Splash 24/7 for more maritime and shipping news.
            [cat_name] => Europe
            [category_nicename] => europe
            [category_parent] => 55
        )

    [1] => WP_Term Object
        (
            [term_id] => 65
            [name] => Finance and Insurance
            [slug] => finance-and-insurance
            [term_group] => 0
            [term_taxonomy_id] => 65
            [taxonomy] => category
            [description] => This is the Splash 24/7 archive of maritime finance and insurance news coming from all over the world. News are sorted by release date, from the latest to the oldest.

Get the updated list of the latest news about finance and insurance. Browse Splash 24/7 for more maritime and shipping news.

            [parent] => 54
            [count] => 1142
            [filter] => raw
            [cat_ID] => 65
            [category_count] => 1142
            [category_description] => This is the Splash 24/7 archive of maritime finance and insurance news coming from all over the world. News are sorted by release date, from the latest to the oldest.

Get the updated list of the latest news about finance and insurance. Browse Splash 24/7 for more maritime and shipping news.

            [cat_name] => Finance and Insurance
            [category_nicename] => finance-and-insurance
            [category_parent] => 54
        )

    [2] => WP_Term Object
        (
            [term_id] => 60
            [name] => Offshore
            [slug] => offshore
            [term_group] => 0
            [term_taxonomy_id] => 60
            [taxonomy] => category
            [description] => Stay updated on what's going on in the offshore industry by browsing the offshore news archive. Find the latest maritime and shipping news on Splash 24/7.

Read the latest news about offshore. Browse Splash 24/7 for more maritime and shipping news.

            [parent] => 54
            [count] => 3567
            [filter] => raw
            [cat_ID] => 60
            [category_count] => 3567
            [category_description] => Stay updated on what's going on in the offshore industry by browsing the offshore news archive. Find the latest maritime and shipping news on Splash 24/7.

Read the latest news about offshore. Browse Splash 24/7 for more maritime and shipping news.

            [cat_name] => Offshore
            [category_nicename] => offshore
            [category_parent] => 54
        )

)

Norwegian offshore vessel owner DOF has abandoned its plans to spin off DOF Subsea, with shareholders deciding it would be more beneficial to wait for an improvement in stock market conditions.

DOF announced a review of a potential listing on the Oslo Stock Exchange in May, and subsequently announced a decision to proceed with an IPO early June. ABG Sundal Collier and Pareto Securities were appointed as joint global coordinators and joint bookrunners. The company had planned a public offering to institutional and retail investors in Norway and a private placement to certain institutional investors internationally.

“Despite receiving solid support for the DOF Subsea business case, the shareholders have concluded to await an improvement in stock market conditions before initiating an IPO,” the company said in a statement.

DOF owns 51% of DOF Subsea while private equity firm First Reserve Corporation owns the remaining 49%.

Share this article

Grant Rowles

Grant spent nine years at Informa Group based in London, Sydney, Hong Kong and Singapore. He gained strong management experience in publishing, conferences and awards schemes in the shipping and legal areas, working on a number of titles including Lloyd's List. In 2009 Grant joined Seatrade responsible for the commercial development of Seatrade’s Asia products. In 2012, with Sam Chambers, he co-founded Asia Shipping Media.

Related Posts