Accountant - High Volume
Manages all accounting procedures and functions including all financial records, payroll , banking and daily operations.
Perform all required accounting functions of the company in a timely and accurate manner Provide reports and schedules to the company's CPA Firm in the preparation of all financial statements. In order to perform these principal duties the following must be properly fulfilled:
- Have a complete and thorough knowledge of all accounting functions and procedures.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the Construction Integrated Job Cost and General Ledger Software Accounting Systems of the company. Proficient with other computer software systems for the preparation of reports, spreadsheets and other accounting analysis that may be required by management.
- Accurately and timely prepare weekly field and office payrolls, making proper federal, state and 401K deposits into respective accounts.
- Accumulate job cost data from weekly payroll reports, materials and subcontract billings in order to prepare weekly cost reports for each project.
- Maintain all company operating, payroll, savings and investment banking accounts including deposits, disbursements and balancing.
- Monitor daily cash balances in operating, savings and investment bank accounts to cover obligations and maximize interest earnings.
- Prepare monthly cash projection reports.
- In conjunction with Project Manager prepare and post all monthly AIA invoices.
- On quarterly basis complete federal and state payroll tax returns and necessary deposits to our bank.
- Accrue, prepare and remit appropriate sales taxes due to various counties monthly and to the State of Florida quarterly.
- Generate monthly recaps for Workers Compensation and General Liability insurance premiums.
- Assist and review with management employees Health Insurance, 401K Questions.
- Perform fiscal year end accounting close outs with CPA.
- Process employee year end W2's and 1099 Forms distributing to employee/payee and appropriate Federal and State Agencies.
- To maintain all accounting files and records on each project.
- Have thorough knowledge of Procedures Manual
- Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- General knowledge of the maritime industry is helpful
- Great attitude and team player