Our client a well established ship management company is on the lookout for Assistant Accounts Executive to be based in Singapore
Provide support for the accounts department.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Handle accounts payable function
- Prepare invoices and payments
- Perform payment forecast and monitor cashflow
- Perform bank and supplier reconciliations
- Assist in closing of monthly accounts
- Liaise with suppliers on invoices and payments
- Liaise with banks for incoming and outgoing funds
- Liaise with various departments for approval of invoices and accounts codes
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned
Maintain working relations with staff in other departments of as well as with staff in other divisions of the organization to ensure that service levels are maintained.
Maintain working relations with clients and service providers to ensure that service levels are maintained.
Degree / Diploma holder preferably in Accountancy, or recognized certificates from accounting bodies.
Requirements / Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience
- Have sound accounting knowledge
- Able to handle high volume transactions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX Accounting package is an advantage
Key Knowledge Areas
Accounting knowledge, journal entries
Skills & Competencies
- Computer literate with particular emphasis on MS Word/Excel
- Good interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain work relationships
- Accountable, adaptable, attentive to detail
- Resilient and able to handle stress
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines