Assistant Port Captain
Our client is seeking a Assistant Port Captain/ Marine Manager responsible for assisting with Marine operations. This will include helping with management of officers and crew, maintaining compliance with all applicable regulations, and safety compliance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise officers and crew
- Work with customers, company employees, vendors, pilots, and officials.
- Develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures. ISM Auditor a plus.
- Hiring, crewing, promotions and on board personnel placement.
- Monitor and direct training requirements
- Vessel scheduling, planning and communication
- Provide leadership guidance and mentoring to deck officers
Desired skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3rd Mate or 2nd Mate with 2-3 years experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Valid USCG license - Second Mate preferred