Our client is a global transport operator for Chemical Tankers, they are currently on the lookout for an Assistant Chemical Ship Operator to be based in their Singapore office.
You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operations activities for a varied fleet of chemical vessels.
- Ensure Voyage Charter party compliance for all fixtures for all assigned vessels.
- Plan and manage all voyage aspects and requirements including cargo stowage, and cargo operations in close consultation with Masters and in accordance with industry, regulatory and safety procedures.
- Manage port calls and all vessel expenses related to commercial operations. Ensure compliance with all laytime and demurrage requirements.
- Provide tank cleaning advice to Masters as needed.
- Monitor vessel speed and bunker performance to ensure normal operating standards are not exceeded
- The successful candidate will be a motivated and driven individual with good commercial awareness and an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- You will demonstrate a thorough understanding of chemical ships and cargoes that you have gained in a similar shore based role or from having sailed on chemical tankers.
- Prior experience with Shipnet is a plus.
- Applicants already based in Singapore would be a plus.
The remuneration for this requirement is synonymous with the level of experience and with current Singapore market rates.
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312