Our client is one of the most progressive players within the global physical bunker supply and trading market with a unique model and competitive advantage in this highly competitive marketplace. Owing to continued growth they are hiring for an experienced Bunker Trader to develop both new customers and enhance existing client relationships to join their highly successful team based in Houston. We are looking for someone with the following:
- Conduct market research to identify prospective new customers and opportunities to win new business.
- Marketing to and bunker procurement for 3rd party customers.
- Optimise vessel / voyage planning for port calls and bunkering.
- Managing bunkers for your owned/operated fleet.
- Daily Liaison with existing 3rd party customers and suppliers.
- Maintain and improve the Bunker trading platform.
- To be considered candidates MUST possess the immediate right to live and work in the United States
- You will possess a proven sales track record and ability to develop both new and existing business.
- You are likely to have ideally 5 years (+/-) experience within a similar role within the domestic US bunker market.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are able to bring business relationships and opportunities with them from the outset.
- Cross-over experience gained within an operational or chartering role is advantageous but not essential.
In return for the above, our client offers a generous base salary, performance paid bonus, and excellent benefits. This is a great opportunity to leverage your maritime background and specifically your experience in the bunker market with a stable and growing international company.