Client Background / Profile
One of the Top 10 logistics provider
Business Development Manager will be responsible to improve company’s market position and achieve financial growth. Job involves building key customer relationships, identifying knowledge of current market condition and maximizing revenue for company.
The Business Development Manager will report to Sales Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new products and services to enhance existing relationships.
- To have thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/ services of our company can provide, and of our competitors and develop proposal that address client’s needs, concern and objectives.
- Participate in pricing and tender adjudication with senior management and project management team
- Review and meet budgeted set sales targets and ensure all business transactions meet P&L objectives.
- Evaluate regional external marketing events to participate and to maximize client influence.
- Understand company strategies direction to develop and execute these strategies to achieve short and long-term revenue growth and profitability in consultation with the senior management.
- Present to and consult with senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services and distribution channels.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Candidate with at least 5 years of Business Development experience of which 3 years on a management capacity in a freight forwarding environment, preferably serving Oil & Gas Project Industry.
- Degree / Diploma in Business Administration