Our client, an owner, is presently on the search for an experienced chartering manager for their Singapore office.
Vessels Employment Planning and Execution
- Develop short term employment strategies for vessels in the service (COA and Charters on spot basis).
- Execute these strategies with objective to maximize potential earnings for vessels in the service taking into account type of space available (last cargo requirement, coating type) and maximum loadable quantity (weather, physical restrictions, etc).
- Optimise vessel utilization and carriage capacity to generate maximum return and yield.
- Secured right cargo mix for maximum TCE return and to minimise voyage costs through strategic voyage planning and execution.
Charter Party Execution
- Deliver service to customers by executing smoothly the charter party expectations and always strive to provide the best service levels.
Commercial Negotiation and Chartering
- Select and work with the right Charterer and cargo mix to generate the best returns for the vessel. Negotiate with customers to secure best rates (freight, charter rate, etc), terms and conditions and successfully conclude fixtures, COA and charter-in vessels (Time, Trip, etc).
Business Development and Execution
- Identify and execute new business opportunities i.e. Chartering-in vessels for Trip, Time or Bareboat Charters to generate additional revenue for CBU. Propose feasibility/viability studies to be undertaken by the Business Planning & Development Dept.
- Manage customer's risks in minimizing exposure to financial defaults, arrests, cancellation of charter party by proper selection of customers to safeguard company's interests and image.
- Keep abreast on the latest market, industry developments i.e. companies' development, shipping pattern, competitors, product knowledge, freights trend, supply and demand of products and tonnages and regulatory developments to remain competitive. Analyse inputs/information and identifying potential business opportunities for development plan.
- Deliver service to customers by executing smooth charter party terms and conditions.
- Build and maintain strong clientele base through effective customer relationship management (CRM) and networking. Expand clientele base by identifying potential customers and to develop long term business relationship.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen professional rapport/relationship with customers to ensure their continuous support. Regular meetings with customers/brokers to ensure their continuous support.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- A degree in Marketing/Business Studies/Economics/Logistics or relevant professional marine qualification
- At least 10 years' experience in marine/shipping related business activities with emphasis on chartering and operation
- Understanding Chemical and Commodities Markets
- Knowledge of Commercial Ship Chartering and Scheduling and Marketing
- Knowledge of Commercial Ship operations
- Knowledge of voyage management planning
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal & relationship building skills
- Strategic and analytical Thinking
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
EA License No: 14C7312