Our client is a well-know shipping company that provides vessels with the facilities and services needed, they are currently on the lookout for Commercial Manager with experience in Commercial Manager with experience in General Cargo to be based in Singapore.
- Be the company's Subject Matter Expert (SME) for steel, including research & analysis on its market & pricing outlook, and recommend initiatives and chart strategies to grow steel businesses for the port.
- Undertake and manage commercial projects with trades, shippers/consignees, freight forwarders, government trade bodies etc., to generate steel throughput (local & trans-shipment) for the port.
- Contracting & negotiation of commercial agreements, including crafting of commercial terms & conditions with stake-holders along the logistics steel value chain.
- Act as contact point with port users to interface with the port's Operations Division to ensure that steel & general cargo shipments handles by the port are executed in a safe, productive and cost effective manner.
- Manage account of key General Cargo's customers with terminal agreements, to enhance rapport and assist them in resolving daily business-related & operational issues with the port.
- Degree in Business, Marketing or Maritime studies.
- At least 5 to 7 years of relevant working experience.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders, including in a matrix reporting structure.
- Familiarity with trade operations documentation, eg. Letter of Credits, Bill of Lading, Cargo Manifests, Stowage Plans and Vessel Charter Parties would be preferred.
- Familiar with shipping/logistics/port operations
- Familiar with the steel's value chain eco-system is an added advantage.
- Experience working in multi-national companies, including working with overseas and cross-border counter-parties.
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
EA License No: 14C7312