Our client is a world reputable shipbuilder for offshore production facilities business. With head office based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, they are currently on the lookout for an experienced Corporate Secretary to join their team.
- Responsible for preparing the Chairman's meeting pack, which includes the Chairman's script, polling procedures, potential shareholders' queries, answers and summary of the proxies
- Provide advice to the Board and Management on statutory requirement and governance
- Ensure companies within the Group operate in accordance with respective Memorandum and Articles of Association (M&A) and comply with the requirements of Companies Act 1965, Bursa Listing requirements and etc.
- Ensure the smooth conduct and operation of companies' formal decision amking and reporting mechanism, and that all Board Committees are properly constituted with clear terms aligned with the Board's role and responsibilities
- Responsible for General Meetings and Annual Reports
- Review the corporate secretarial department's compliance process and procedures, and implement continuous improvement
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance for staff development to nurture potential successors
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (ICSA) certified OR Bachelor of Law (LL.B)
- Minimum 10 years of corporate secretarial experience with at least 3 years in managerial capacity
- Well versed with Companies Act 1965, Bursa's Listing and other relevant business laws
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Trustworthy with high level of integrity in maintaining confidentiality
- Good communication skills, both oral and written