Our client is a European based global freight forwarding company specialising in air, ocean, land transport and all related services.
Reporting to the Country Manager and the Regional CFO, the Country Finance Manager will be responsible for the finance and accounting function for branches in Port Klang, Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru.
- Timely and accurate completion of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for Country Manager, Regional & Group in compliance with deadlines and deliverables from Headquarters.
- Monitor and focus on job profitability margin. Loss and/or low margin businesses are reviewed monthly to determine cause and formulate action plans.
- Formulate and prepare yearly finance KPI targets and budgets in accordance with the strategy agreed with Country and Regional management.
- Manage cash flows and working capital
- Monitor accounts receivable to ensure a reduction in debtors DSO
- Ensure compliance with company policies, laws and regulations
- Handle external reporting, taxation, liaise with tax advisors, company secretary, lawyer and auditors
- Degree in Accounting, ACCA qualified or equivalent
- 8-10 years of experience in Auditing & Accounting
- Experience in the Big 4 consultancy firms and/or MNC background would be highly desirable
- Experience in freight forwarding and logistics industry would be highly desirable
- Leadership and people management experience
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Good communication skills in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word etc.)
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312