Crewing Dispatcher, Houston, TX?
- Manage crew changes and ensure vessels are crewed at all times with qualified crew members
- Log pertinent data into the company's crew tracking system
- Oversee crew assignments, including compliance with USCG rest regulations
- Create and approve Purchase Orders for crew-change costs
- Work with Vessel Managers and Port Captain regarding emergency crewing needs
- Collaborate with vessel Captains regarding the placement and training of new employees
- Forecast and plan for scheduled crew changes in order to prevent major personnel issues
- Some college preferred, not required
- Excellent with computer software systems
- Strong ability to think "on your feet" and work out logistical issues that arise
- Some knowledge of the maritime industry (Business Degree from Maritime Academy if possible)
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations
This position will be on a 7 day on, 7 day off rotation in which the Dispatcher will work 12 hour days for a week straight, then followed by 7 days of vacation. On call weekends will be scheduled monthly.