Our client who is a ship manager is on the lookout for individual to part of their dynamic team as a Crewing Operations Director to be based in Singapore
- Develop the strategy and roadmap, supplemented with short-term, mid-term and long-term goals and objectives to ensure the efficient and effective management of the Regional Crewing Operations.
- Create, build and sustain effective working relationships and networks with key stakeholders (e.g. Ship Management, Crewing Operations Support, Operations Excellence, Commercial and Cost Control, Compliance and Quality etc.)
- Monitor progress and ensure consistency in performance of assigned business units and operating locations against agreed metrics and KPIs.
- Ensure and support the effective development and promotion of existing and new business. To initiate, review and “sign off” risk assessments including GRP for all new business opportunities.
- To liaise with clients and ensure services are delivered as contractually agreed.
- To ensure compliance with internal VMS and Quality Systems and external regulatory requirements including; Maritime Labor Convention (MLC 2006), ISM Code, STCW, oil majors strict internal and external operational safety requirements that may go beyond industry requirements, and etc.
- To ensure there are proper Contractual and Service Level Agreements are in place between Crewing Operations and its clients, service providers and employees.
- To ensure that all Seafarers Employment procedures strictly adheres to both internal and external regulatory and compliance requirement.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress towards stated goals and objectives.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance (P&C) and new services/project development.
- Develops and sustains workforce competency. Coach the team members to enhance their competency and capability across the full range of disciplines in Crewing Operations.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience at manager/director level in a similar sector
- Proven ability in dealing with challenging organisational structures.
- Proven leadership skills and evidence of resilience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as part of a multi- location team.
- Proven ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and make best use of limited resources.
- Decision making/complex problem solving and analytical capability a key requisite.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with ability to make change happen.
- Comprehensive knowledge on the regulatory requirements in the crewing industry.
- Strong Financial Acumen and must have managed consolidated budgets in the part.
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
EA License No: 14C7312