Responsibilities: Manage and supervise a department responsible for developing and submitting accurate and timely ship repair estimates. This person will review all incoming solicitations for applicability, assign estimating staff to accomplish labor hour and material estimates, review estimates for accuracy, develop proposal information as specified in the solicitation, review all major (over $1.0 mil) pricing and proposal packages with the President and CEO for price determination, and ensure on-time and accurate submittal to the customer.
- College degree in a technical or managerial discipline.
- 15 years or more of experience either in a shipyard or as a repair supervisor in a shipyard and at least 2 years accomplishing Labor and Material Estimates for ship repair or writing proposals
- Knowledge of both Commercial and Government contract and proposal requirements
- Working knowledge of Excel, Project (and/or Primevara), Powerpoint and Microsoft Word. Must be proficient in the use of Excel to develop and review detailed estimates.
- Excellent written and communications skills (please submit samples of recent correspondence you have authored)
- Willingness to be flexible and work with people to achieve goals and objectives.
- Meet bid deadline goals.
- Familiarity with Cost and Schedule Performance metrics including ACWP, BCWP and BCWS concepts and the Cost Performance Index and the Schedule Performance Index.
- Ability to negotiate on behalf of the company.
General: The Manager will develop an overhaul and repair marketing strategy along with the bid strategy to meet corporate sales objectives. They will also develop Proposals that meet the customer requirements in the solicitation. They will have to work with accounting, production and estimating personnel to develop meaningful metrics and reports and be responsible for continuous monitoring of progress throughout the year.