Our client is a world leading ship owner and manager that is looking to hire a Dry Docking Superintendent for their Singapore office.
- Strategize, plan, monitor and control all tendering schedules for dry docking functionalities in accordance with management approved business plan.
- Continuously enhance processes, procedures & guidelines for the dry docking Rule Book to ensure compliance with international, statutory, classification & industry best practices.
- Ensure timely completion of dry docking repairs with quality workmanship at best competitive prices through skillful negotiations.
- Develop and maintain standard dry docking repair specifications for all vessels in the fleet.
- Conduct shipyard performance evaluation and reviews to maintain them as panel shipyards.
- To develop ,amend & maintain a standard dry docking repair specifications for every fleet of vessels.
- To keep updated and kept abreast with tariffs, rates and various cost of repairs and services to enable skillful negotiation with shipyards either at pre-award or post docking stage.
- To deal with different kinds of nationalities & cultures of people at shipyards located worldwide, at times under harsh weather conditions.
- To accommodate changing schedules by the business on one hand & the dock space constraints available at the shipyards, on the other.
- Strategize and plan appropriate tendering schedule for vessels to be dry docked in accordance with management approved business plan
- Develop, amend or enhance procedures & guidelines to be in compliance with international, statutory, classification and industry best practices.
- Introduce system strategies to ensure smooth preparation & timely execution of end-to-end dry docking function, in line with corporate business targets and governance.
- Develop comprehensive standard dry docking specifications using shipyard finished plans and makers manuals for different types of fleet of vessels.
- Strategize, develop, propose and negotiate terms and tariffs rates for service agreements with identified shipyards
- Ensure the bill settlement function is carried out in accordance with the process specified in Dry Docking Rule Book and in line with the Service Agreement, terms & tariffs.
- Establish good relationship with shipyards, service contractors and equipment suppliers, and with the maritime industry to get the latest information and developments on dry docking matters.
- Possess Certificate of Competency (Engine) Class 1 with sailing experience on container vessels
- Minimum 10 years in ship operation and technical department
- Minimum 5 years as Technical Superintendent dealing with dry-dockings
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
EA License No: 14C7312