This is a ship management company which has been growing steadily over the past 50 years. The company operates 10+ ships throughout South Florida, Bahamas, and Caribbean. Their customers transport millions of tons of freight per year everything from groceries to heavy construction materials. The vessel are slightly older but they have been/are impeccably maintained; the company holds very high standards for this.
- In charge of all electrical power and lighting systems; Power plant, switchboards, generators, and transformers; Machinery and boilers electrical and electronic automation; Electrical machinery, thrusters, and electrical steering system
- Support the Port Engineers in their daily activities for any electrical issue that may require a higher level of expertise.
- Responsible for outside and inside power and lighting systems; Navigation lights and signaling systems; Mooring electrical machinery and Hoisting electrical equipment; Lifeboat davits electrical equipment; Navigational instruments and equipment.
- Approve ships requests for spares, service and consumables, issuing purchase requests of materials and services as needed.
- Work with Purchasing staff for evaluation of suppliers, new products and new resources.
- Participates in planning and preparation of dry-dock specifications, ship repairs and maintenance during refits.
- Work with Port Engineers, Health and Safety Managers, and Quality Assurance teams in preparation of plans for shipboard modifications/ updates.
- Follow current and emerging technologies in the electrical engineering, marine applications especially
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Electronic, or ElectroMechanical Engineering preferred but not required
- 5-10 years of marine electrical experience preferred
- Must have low, medium and high voltage experience and troubleshooting skills on electrical systems
- Experience in a shipyard environment or working shipboard during drydock is a plus
- Able to represent the company with their customers concerning project planning, scope of work, etc.
- Able to lead personnel on projects