This is a unique role with a Major Ship Owner. You will work within a solid technical group and a comfortable working environment that is so important these days. The position requires a Electronic or Electrical Engineer (ex USCG or Navy) or some combination preferred. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, possess excellent analytical, organizational and management skills; must also have English verbal/written communication skills, willing and able to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and highly proficient in specific field.
Essential duties and responsibilities-
- Approves ships requests for spares, service and consumable within area of responsibilities, issuing shoreside requests of materials and services if needed.
- Work with Purchasing staff for evaluation of suppliers, new products and development of new resources.
- Participates in the planning and preparation for the areas of competence, dry-dock specifications, following ships repair and maintenance during refit works.
- Co-operates with Technical team, Safety Environmental and QA Group during review of new Safety Regulations that might require modification and the preparation of plans for modification/updates to be implemented.
- Participates with Company Incident Response Plan as a team member Supporting the Ships Managers in their day to day activities for any electrical issue that may require a higher level of expertise in the specific field.
- Outside and inside power and lighting systems; Navigation lights and signaling systems; Mooring electrical machinery and Hoisting electrical equipment; Lifeboat davits electrical equipment; Navigational instruments and equipment.
- Electrical power and lighting systems; Power plant, switchboards, generators, and transformers; Machinery and boilers electrical and electronic automation; Electrical machinery, thrusters, and electrical steering system
Keywords: Electrical, Electronic, Electrical Superintendent, Oil Major, Energy Major, LNG, Oil Tanker, Chemical Tanker, FLNG, FSRU, FSO, FPSO, Flagship Management, Cruise, Cruiseline, Maritime, Marine Operations, Maritime Academy, Warsash, OCIMF, Shipyard, Newbuilding, Shipping, LR, DNV, ABS, BV, RINA.v