Responsible for overall maintenance, preventative maintenance, and vendor contracted PM’s of multiple office, retail, flex, and laboratory space. Facilities Supervisor will provide diagnostics and repair insight to all the facilities including but not limited to: plumbing, electrical, computer networks and communications, building management and HVAC systems This person will report directly to the Property Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct workers/vendors in a professional manner.
- Interpret company policies and inform workers. Enforce safety regulations.
- Maintain HVAC, electrical, life safety and plumbing systems.
- Review mechanical systems and make suggestions to improve efficiencies and cost savings.
- Manage construction projects and inspect completed work for conformance specifications.
- Manage corrective and preventive work orders via the computerized maintenance management system.
- Review and evaluate construction and mechanical drawings and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Work with Property Managers and Tenants on building maintenance and operational issues.
- Provide MEP insight and guidance where appropriate to assist in the operation & design of building systems.
- Develop professional maintenance. Identify & evaluate vendors for competitive bidding process. Provide analysis of bids along with your recommendations.
- Provide minor repairs or service to restroom, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC equipment.
- Maintain service logs and inventory of facilities and equipment.
- Travel between properties required daily or must have reliable transportation for travel.
- Availability for emergency calls 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days per year.
- 5 years plus experience working in a commercial office and laboratory environment or similar facility.
- Strong experience with heating/cooling systems, plumbing, roofs and equipment.
- Management experience / skills in directing staff members and projects.
- Strong knowledge of physical plants with equipment such as boilers, chillers, pumps, cooling towers, AHU systems, and direct expansion units is required.
- Knowledge of building security systems, access, CCTV and life safety systems.
- Diploma/Degree or certificate from an accredited technical school, college or university
Building Management Systems (Metasys, Andover, Honeywell, JACE, Alerton, Siemens or equivalent)
Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Visio.)
Certificates and Licenses:
HVAC and/or electrical license a plus.
BOC (Building Operator’s Certification) a plus.
LEED certification a plus.