General Manager of Marine Transportation
This is a fantastic career opportunity for a towing industry professional with operations management experience looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the Michigan / Great Lakes region.
- Previous experience including: operating towing vessels (Great Lakes experience preferred), marine operations management experience in a Port Captain / Safety Manager role, and customer relationship experience is preferred.
Daily Challenges and Responsibilities:
- Direction and leadership of the Marine Operations Department including marine crew, marine engineers, maintenance team and sales and marketing team.
- Lead projects during new vessel builds, equipment upgrades, vessel maintenance and repair including major refits and equipment overhauls.
- Manage and oversee all capital purchasing and support the business development team.
- Manage and develop external relationship including all authorities, regulators, contractors, suppliers and consultants.
- Identify, select and purchase major equipment and materials to maintain marine facilities and meet regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a relationship with US Coast Guard and other enforcement/environmental agencies and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Develop and maintain the company integrated vessel-facility security plan.
- Responsible for ensuring technical and personal development of the marine operations employees and crew.
- Accountable to maintain industry knowledge of best practices, new technologies and systems to improve the quality of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Hold marine operations employees accountable to the environmental, safety and quality standards of the company.
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in a marine operations role.
- USCG Master or Mate of Towing preferred, knowledge of the Great Lakes preferred
- BA/BS degree education at an accredited maritime college or other institution preferred but not required
- Strong leadership, customer service, organizational, and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (written, oral and listening) including conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
At this time we are asking that all candidates have the right to work lawfully in the US.
All candidates will undergo a pre-employment background check and a drug screen prior to receiving an offer of employment.
Please direct your confidential employment inquiries to Flagship Management www.flagshipmgt.com.