We are looking for a Generator Technician for a large global manufacturer and distributor of diesel generators for the marine, industrial and power generation industries.
- 2 year technical/vocation degree (preferred but not required) in Diesel Technology or related field (5 years of experience with mechanical, electrical or diesel service or repairs in lieu of degree)
- Previous generator experience with: Caterpillar, Cummins, John Deere, Generac, Aska, and Bluewater generators
- Strong DC electrical troubleshooting experience, including the ability to read schematics and diagrams
- Previous experience with blocking/lofting engines for installation and repair
- Responsible for the inspection, preventative maintenance, repair and overhaul of marine propulsion equipment as well as land-side diesel generators
- Perform load bank testing on generator sets to ensure reliability and proper operation
- Also will work with Shop Lead and the Department Manager in regards to issues with spare parts, materials and tools, will also work with Purchasing Department to maintain the inventory of spares
- Will be expected to train some junior mechanics to get them up to speed on the various equipment and systems
- Will do occasional work with refrigeration technician team
- Travel estimated at around 15% regionally (within 150 miles)
- Time-and-a-half for overtime (over 40 hours of work)
Strong benefits package will include medical insurance, 401K matching, company paid travel, and paid vacation.
FLAGSHIP MANAGEMENT = MARITIME JOBS
WE ARE MARITIME PROFESSIONALS - MARITIME RECRUITMENT AND MARITIME EXECUTIVE SEARCH IS OUR BUSINESS
Keywords: cummins, detroit, caterpillar, emd, man, wartsila, john deere, generac, aska, bluestar, service, engineer, technician, diesel, mechanic, marine, tugs, troubleshoot, repair, installation, Seattle, AC, DC, electrical controls, digital, refrigeration, hydraulic, engine, propulsion, journeyman.