Our client an international conglomerate MNC manufacturer is on the lookout for a Head of Business Unit to be based here in Singapore. The ideal candidate must have electrical background in the Marine & Offshore or Oil & Gas or Heavy Machinery industry.
- Supporting / co-directing sales team in creating and executing strategic growth plans within Heavy Industry Segment
- Pursuing business opportunities within targeted segments through a variety of strategic prospecting and account development activities
- Developing quotations in response to customer requests, tracking and following up on customer leads, and sales quota / revenue generation goals
- Providing presale support for issues related to product selection and pricing, competitor cross referencing, applications, specifications etc.
- Managing commercial processes related to quotation, order review and project management
- Managing extensive interaction with customers, partners and sales team in delivery of growth goals
- Developing and maintaining expert level of product and application knowledge for heavy industries and expert understanding of customer target markets and strategy
- Conducting research on prospective and existing customers and competitors in support of or as needed by growth strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field (BSEET or BSME) with more than 10 years of experience managing a field sales organization serving industrial and or manufacturing environments and or managing major project sales for Variable Speed Drives
- Thorough knowledge of motor control products with emphasis on variable speed drives and their application is required
- Strategic selling to large OEMs and End Users (preferably large global companies)
- Expert sales skills necessary to develop and coach all sales associates in providing winning solutions to meet customer’s product needs using solution selling techniques
- Highly skilled in all aspects of salesmanship, strategic planning and possesses the ability successfully manage complex projects / orders
- Excellent commercial aptitude, problem solving and interpersonal skills, strong time management and organizational skills along with ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time