Our client, an international marine company is on the lookout for a Hull & Outfitting Supervisor to join their team in Singapore. This will be a contract role of 6 months with possible length of stay in China for their on-going project. Travelling and accomodation will be accounted by the client including salary.
- Lead the hull inspection team, manages it workload and reports any significant issue to the Site Manager
- Treat safety and environmental compliance as top priority
- Inspecting and supervising all work of safe hull construction and outfitting, from block structure stage, pre-erection and erection stage, NDT witness, final tanks and tightness test inspection, cargo holds outfitting inspection, machinery, mooring equipments, mooring outfitting, life saving applicance, cargo hatch covers, cell guides etc
- Raise non-conformities as per company guidelines where any item on board in terms of design, installation, workmanship, construction, testing of performance does not fulfill the approved drawings specifications or agree metting memoranda
- Advise of any areas where hull design is lacking and could be improved or optimized with regard to performance, maintenance, future regulations, reliability and redundancy.
- Familiar with most international codes and standards
- Review hull plans for specific projects, ensure that approved hull drawings meet the contract specification and agreed meeting memoranda
- Ensure that the company guidelines and requirements for scheduled and non-scheduled inspections are followed by all of the hull and outfitting inspection team members
- Degree in Shipbuilding/Naval Architecture or any other relevant academics
- 10 years of experience
- Willing to travel overseas
- Experience with Cruise Liner project will be an added advantage