Our client is an international ship owner, due to business expansion they are looking for an IA Shortsea Pricing Specialist to join the team.
In this position, you will be:
- Assisting Intra Asia Short Sea Line Manager to develop an overall network plan for Short Sea lines detailing how the network is set up to achieve Trade’s long term strategic aims. The plan will encompass coverage, allocation by markets, number of loops, rotations, ships to be used (size and design), partners to work with, potential slot exchanges or slot sale and resulting forecasted cost to operate to be in line with industry.
- Assisting the Short Sea Line Manager to monitor the operational performance of the lines under his/her purview on a daily basis to optimize each line and to ensure the operational feasibility of a proforma. Assist the Short Sea Line Manager to prepare proposals to right-size ships, eliminate or add legs and streamline port move counts to align with prevailing market conditions. Actions emerging from these discussions could include proforma changes (sailing speed, port, move count), ship upsize/downsize/design changes, slot sale to external parties.
- Assisting the Short Sea Line Manager to plan specific lines under his/her purview for potential peak season loaders or slack season void programs. Where there are service exceptions, he/she will assist the Intra Asia Short Sea Line Manager to coordinate with all parties within the organization in executing the recovery plan. For any void sailing or port omission, he/she will need to support the Line Manager in establishing a recovery plan and ensure that operational stakeholders parties across the organization (Ops, EFC) are coordinated and working according to the recovery plan.
To excel in this position, you should have:
- Around 3 years of liner experience with understanding of ship operations, network design and yield optimization principles is preferred
- Strong intellect and analytical skills that enables the incumbent to understand and optimize complex and interlinked rotations
- Strong inter-personal skills and good team player who can work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company. Our client can offer an attractive salary based on experience.