- Responsible for cost effective insurance placements for single voyage (H&M, P&I), crew insurance and renewals for trading fleets.
- Responsible for handling various shipping claims (H&M, P&I, FD&D, GA, crew claims etc.), settlement negotiations and agreements.
- Review all claims based on supporting information in order to form a position on liability and merits of claims.
- Negotiate settlement proposals and liaise with insurers to seek agreements and reimbursements and ensure funds are received.
- Liaise with underwriters/brokers, surveyors, P&I clubs, club correspondents and claimants as necessary.
- Coordinate warranty surveys and timely compliance of certificate of Approval.
- Proactively advising trade desks, operations, technical and chartering desks on insurance matters.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years’ experience working with P&I club or established ship owners/operators as Claims Adjuster.
- Prior experience of working with external law firms and resolving disputes successfully.
- Knowledge of international conventions relevant to the carriage of goods.
- Sound knowledge in resolving and claiming insurance procedures.
- Excellent command over English language.
- Meticulous and possess excellent negotiation skills.
- Independent, analytical and able to work under pressure.
- Possess sense of urgency & ability to multi-task
We provide attractive salary package based on qualifications/experience, excellent growth opportunity and an internationally challenging career with ability to make and influence high level, strategic decisions.