Our client is a well known vessel operator and is on the lookout for Junior Supply and Purchasing Executive to manage vessels and purchase spares based in Singapore.
- Complying with the Safety Security Environment Management System and regulation in force
- Ensuring the timely ordering of the day to day requisitions received from the fleet, by using the software used for the procurement and the supply chain
- Send quotation and summarize the various offer received for the superintendent approval
- Place the order after superintendent (or above) approval
- Ensure delivery on board through logistic chain from the supplier to the vessel
- Ensuring that the purchasing function is carried out in accordance with company procedures
- Applying the best practice defined from the purchasing department
- Assist the superintendent in the preparation of vessel budgets
- Propose any improvement cost saving through the supplier and regional area knowledge to the superintendents and his/her purchasing manager.
- Ensuring the products compliance with the international rules and regulations applicable to the vessels the purchaser is in charge
- Report to the Purchasing manager specific vessel requirement
- Follow the KPI establish by the Procurement Director
- Perform Supplier audits’ on request of the management
- Diploma in Purchasing Management / Supply Chain Management highly advantageous
- Minimum 1 year of experienced in Purchasing and Supplying, in the shipping / maritime industry
- High preference shall be offered to those with direct container shipping experience
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Organized/ good attention to detail and accuracy.
- An excellent team player as well as a good communicator, rigorous, accurate and methodical.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word and power point
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312