Maritime Security Manager, Bridgeport, CT
Seeking an experienced Security Team Manager for a growing Maritime Security agency.
- Responsible for the management of all security operations, including the day-to-day management of all port security personnel and client sites.
- Daily reporting of all client operations to senior management.
- P/L responsibilities regarding overtime, expenditures (travel, reimbursements), hiring, firing, training, etc.
- Deal with both clients and Regulatory Agencies (DOT, DHS) and resolve any incidents that need to be addressed.
- Assist on expanding customer base: be an "out of the box" thinker in order to promote business growth by word of mouth and contact list.
- 3 plus years of experience managing a security team required, not specific to a port or dock facility but familiarity with those operations a major plus
- TWIC card preferred, ability to obtain one required (clean background)
- Ability to lead, manage, train and motivate a large team that is spread in different client locations.
- Experience with using computer reporting systems.
- Previous experience as a security guard is a plus but not required.
- Ability to travel up to 30% to visit customer locations and security teams.
- 24 hours, on call position - ability to act urgently during serious security threat or breach
In return, the client will offer a strong base salary, bonus potential, 401K matching program, solid medical benefits, and relocation assistance, if needed.