Marine & Power Generation Account Manager - US Gulf
Our client is an industry leader in power and automation operating in over 100 countries and employing over 150,000 personnel. They are leaders in manufacturing and servicing rotating machinery in diesel and natural gas engines globally. They offer exceptional benefits, and strong compensation package.
- Responsible for professionally representing our client by combining your high ethical standards, excellent customer service ability and your drive to meet and exceed financial targets.
- Sell new equipment, field services and repair shop overhauls to the original equipment manufacturers, maritime, and power generation industries in the US Gulf including:
- Florida Panhandle
- You will manage all aspects of the sales cycle, including visiting ships, shipyards, customer offices and power plants; identifying new customers; soliciting and entering contractual agreements for service and parts; attending industry trade shows, conventions, and other events.
- You will also assist with forecasting sales targets and keep up with market trends and identifying new opportunities. A consultative approach to working with clients and excellence in cultivating professional relationships are key aspects of this unique opportunity.
- 3+ Years experience within the maritime or power generation industries (previous sales experience is preferred)
- Experience with rotating machinery including large bore diesel engines, turbochargers, compressors, etc.
- Experience with US Navy, US Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, or Commercial Maritime vessels or power generation (utilities, etc.) is ideal
- Experience with high dollar new equipment sales and/or service agreements is desired
- Ability to write technical and job related reports in English
- Willingness to travel extensively (50%+) throughout the region
- Exceptional customer service attitude
You must be able to work legally in the United States to apply for this position. Successful applicants will be asked to undergo a pre-employment drug screen and background check.