- Responsible for supporting the day-to-day sales activities of medium and high-speed engines and generator sets
- Provides budgetary and detailed quotes to customers for new and rebuilt engines and
- Provides the answers to technical and commercial questions during the competitive phase of
the engine sales process
- Is the project manager for engine sales projects once they are sold
- Is the project manager for the development of a new generator-set design
- Is the warranty administrator for engine sales projects after commissioning; discusses the
factory support and agreement for any warranty claim made by the customer.
- Initiates the turnover meeting when a project is entering the end of its warranty period and will
be handed over to the field service organization
- Together with the VP/General Manager, creates an annual engine sales plan and proposes the
annual sales plan and budget for approval. Executes on the approved plan and budget.
- Responsible to deliver budgeted profit for those products sold
- He personally manages the “inside” of the sales process. After the sale, he oversees the
relationship with the key parties to insure that the delivery, commissioning, and warranty period
meet the end-user’s satisfaction.
- Reports updates on the status of new engine sales projects at the weekly staff meeting
- Handles special projects as assigned by the VP/General Manager
- Ensures customer satisfaction, safety and profitability
- Establishes a culture of professionalism and open interactive team communication with a focus
on a sense of urgency.
- Meets or exceeds the customers’ expectations as well as the Company’s initiatives and
maintains manufacturer's standards of excellence
- Bi-Lingual (English and Spanish) is preferred, due to the fact that most of the available market is in Spanish-speaking countries
- Four years of university education is required and a bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ related experience preferably in heavy industry as opposed to retail or government is required. Large machinery experience is highly desired, especially power generation or marine.
- Knowledge of Latin American geography is desired.
- Experience in negotiating services agreements is appreciated.
- Knowledge of large bore, medium speed diesel engines and components for marine and power
generation is a “home run.” Examples of these engines include: Wartsila, MaK, MAN, EMD,
Rolls Royce, Bergen, HiMSEN, Sulzer.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel is critical
- Good communication skills including reporting skills and listening skills.
- Ability to contribute to a positive and motivated environment.