Our client who is a well established marine service provider is on the lookout for Marine Superintendent that is to be base in Singapore
- Monitor vessel operations for compliance with the Company's HSEQ policies and procedures, ensuring that it is effectively implemented on board by means of responding to all HSEQ reports within company's SMS
- Ensure that cargo and ballast procedures are properly implemented on board and verify cargo and/or ballast plans for compliance with all safety aspects
- Ensure that Navigation practices/procedures meets industry standards and are maintained through improved navigation practises, equipment, training and procedures
- Ensure that practical procedures to meet the HSEQ objectives and policies are developed, implemented and revised
- Coordinate and arrange for vetting inspections and RIGHTSHIP inspections of vessels as applicable
- Coordinate Flag State Control (FSC), Port State Control (PSC) and United State Coast Guard (USCG) inspections and responses to deficiencies observed during these types of inspections.
- Ensure compliance with SOLAS, MARPOL and OPA-90 in relation to vessel operation.
- Coordinate preparation, approval and maintenance of OPA-90/VRP, SMPEP, SOPEP or other flag state required preparedness plans.
- Coordinate registration and take-over or hand-over of vessels.
- Coordinate and arrange issuance and amendments to all vessel’s trading & statutory certificates in close liaison with Vessel managers
- Assist Fleet Manager in any Marine, Operation and Safety matters
- Leading the Investigation of Incidents and Accidents for the assigned vessels
- Acting as a Back-up MSI for the rest for the Fleet vessels
- Qualification : Master Mariner or Chief officer ticket holder with seagoing experience as senior officer on Bulkers
- Preferable candidates with shore experience of at least 2 years in similar position managing Panamax, Kamsarmax and Capesize ( Dry Bulk ) vessels
- Good knowledgeable of regulatory, class requirements and international standards.
- Must be conversant with ISM/ISPS/MLC/ISO Codes.
- Certification for ISM, ISPS & MLC Auditor, DPA and CSO will be added advantage
- Ability to effectively work and communicate within multicultural office and shipboard environments.
- Good English - verbally & in writing;
- Must be able to travel at short notice;
- Experience with tankers and Offshore vessels will be advantage
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312