Our client who is a well established ship owner is on the lookout for a Marine Superintendent to be base in Singapore
- Monitor vessel operations for compliance with the Company's HSEQ policies and procedures, ensuring that it is effectively implemented on board by means of responding to all HSEQ reports within company's SMS
- Ensure that cargo and ballast procedures are properly implemented on board and verify cargo and/or ballast plans for compliance with all safety aspects
- Ensure that Navigation practices/procedures meets industry standards and are maintained through improved navigation practises, equipment, training and procedures
- Ensure that practical procedures to meet the HSEQ objectives and policies are developed, implemented and revised
- Coordinate and arrange for vetting inspections and RIGHTSHIP inspections of vessels as applicable
- Coordinate Flag State Control (FSC), Port State Control (PSC) and United State Coast Guard (USCG) inspections and responses to deficiencies observed during these types of inspections.
- Ensure compliance with SOLAS, MARPOL and OPA-90 in relation to vessel operation.
- Coordinate preparation, approval and maintenance of OPA-90/VRP, SMPEP, SOPEP or other flag state required preparedness plans.
- Coordinate registration and take-over or hand-over of vessels.
- Coordinate and arrange issuance and amendments to all vessel’s trading & statutory certificates in close liaison with Vessel managers
- Master Mariner or Chief officer ticket holder with seagoing experience as senior officer on tankers
- Good knowledgeable of regulatory, class requirements and international standards.
- Must be conversant with ISM/ISPS/MLC/ISO Codes.
- Certification for ISM, ISPS & MLC Auditor, DPA and CSO will be added advantage
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin to liaise with company staff
- Must be able to travel at short notice;
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312