Location - New Orleans, LA
The purpose of this role is to represent our client as the Engineering Manager in the shipyard, responsible for ensuring the vessels are developed, designed and approved to the, rules, regulations, makers requirements and the agreed specifications.
- Ensure that plan approval team reviews the design and plans in accordance with the requirements of the contract, classification rules, and the requirements of the time charter party
- Responsible for ensuring the Owners’ plan approval is performed in the best interests of the project to ensure the vessels are safe, reliable and efficient in service
- The position holder will be clients focal point of contact for technical design matters at site, with the shipyard, key vendors, Class and Regulatory.
- The position holder will ensure optimization, efficiency, reliability, safety, operational ergonomics, asset integrity, maintenance philosophy and critical spares.
- Responsible for recommending additional technical support to confirm design suitability, such as specialist or additional contractor support.
- The position holder will be required to confirm acceptance of all non-significant changes to the design and specification proposed by the Plan Approval contractor.
- The position holder will also be required to prepare, as well as confirm agreement, all significant change order affecting the specification, both financial and functional, that have a material impact on the project, are signed off by the relevant parties.
- Bachelors degree in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture
- 5 Years sailing on Various Vessel Types
- Previous experience with new ship design and construction.
- Demonstrated experience of engineering experience
- Experience with internal and external parties
- Strong communication skills for presentations.
- Must have valid passport