Our client is a ship owner and operator currently on the look for Marine Vessel Manager to be based in Singapore
- Report daily to the Managing Director on the technical performance of the vessels and opportunities for improvement.
- Report, by email, every month (Fleet Management Report) all main technical issues to Managing Director.
- Provide necessary support and guidance to the CE & Master to enable them take decisions.
- Maintain filing system in ‘Technical Directory’ as per Company procedures.
- Conduct and monitor ship technical inspections as per annual plan.
- Prepare OPEX budget for vessel managed
- Prepare CAPEX budget for dry dock works or repair works
- Prepare technical report of dry dock report or repair works carried out
- Liaise with other shore-based key staff for safe operation of vessels.
- Implement pro-active measures to prevent occurrence of incidents.
- Investigate incidents, near miss and initiate necessary actions to prevent recurrence. Prepare and submit report to Managing Director.
- Conduct appraisal of Officers onboard and recommend actions.
- Conduct Pre-selection interview of senior ER officers.
- Liaise with parties, such as Class, Ship Owners and Suppliers Etc.
- Ensure that vessels are operated in accordance with relevant rules and regulations.
- Monitor expenditure of all vessels and endeavor to keep cost within approved budgets.
- Monitor the effective implementation of PMS to reduce breakdown costs.
- Implement pro-active measures to avoid recurrence of machinery break-down.
- Plan visit schedules for vessels to ensure they are inspected regularly.
- Issue technical circulars and bulletins to vessels, as and when required.
- Monitor all aspects with regard to effective implementation of QHSSE standards.
- Ensure vessel operations are as per Company Policies and Procedures.
- Assist the QHSSE Manager to prepare operating budget for vessels in the fleet and quotations for new business.
- Ensure maintenance procedures are in accordance with Class, Manufacturers Etc.
- Degree in Marine Mechanical Engineering
- Min 2 years of experience with technical fleet management
- Possess relevant sea-going work experience as Chief Engineer/Marine Engineer with minimum class 2 certification or equivalent with in experience in different engines/machineries
- Familiarity with ISM / ISPS is a must
- Broad knowledge of technical features of different vessels
- Strong communication, interpersonal and work with people in a multi-cultural environment
- Possess good organisational and communication skills and hands-on.
- Independent and resourceful. Able to work under pressure to meet deadline
- Analytical and highly proactive in technical trouble shooting and problem solving
- Able to conduct effective stand-up training for vessel crews
- Ability to travel within short notice as required
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312