Summary of Position
The successful candidate will be responsible to purchase high volume and a variety of materials, supplies and services. This individual will need to work well in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Purchase a variety of complex or technical supplies or services.
- Evaluate bids, select and recommend suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality and service.
- Manage supplier performance.
- Follow up on all awards until completion of order.
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes.
- Conduct supplier site visits and rate them as to the production capability, performance and delivery.
- Responsible for complying with corporate policies, procedures and underlying federal, state and/or local regulations concerning the purchase or shipment of goods, materials and services.
- May be asked to provide guidance to less experienced buyers
- Experience with Oracle ERP system
- Effectively manage financial data
- Excellent written and verbal skills with suppliers and customers (internal and external)
- Establish and maintain effective relations with Suppliers/Customers/Auditors
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- 0-2 years of experience buying in related industry
- Exposure with the institute of Supply Management or APICS is an asset
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build customer relationships
- Oracle ERP system