The Mechanical Field Service Engineer will be responsible for providing the company’s technical services to marine and industrial clientele. As a team member, the Mechanical Field Service Engineer will work independently to solve problems and provide technical solutions for rotating machinery in accordance with the customer’s service requirements. The ideal candidate will have a background as a mechanical engineer and is required to have a strong mechanical aptitude, excellent written communication, and the ability to verbally communicate technical issues with the management and customers. Comprehensive field service report writing is a requirement. Qualified candidates will need to have 8-10+ years of experience with rotating machinery with a marine background. An Ideal candidate would have, experience with vibration analysis but not required for position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Mechanical Engineering background/Degree a must
· Experience with rotating equipment and various alignment techniques.
· Apply engineering theory, practice, and principles to perform root cause failure analysis and conduct equipment performance evaluations.
· Ensure that testing and repairs or alterations are performed at minimum cost, consistent with safety.
· Strong problem solving skills; Strong mechanical aptitude and analytic reasoning
· Needs to be a quick learner on computer software/equipment for technical services we offer.
· Has an understanding of structural basics, including; rigging, welding, erection and reinforcements
· Has a well-rounded knowledge and significant experience on marine vessels
· Performing General Physical Activities — Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
· Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
· Assist in training personnel in reliability related topics to maintain and enhance company knowledge base.
· Strong, positive communication; Very effective organizational skills
· Demonstrate strong work ethic and work well on a team; Ability to remain calm under pressure
· Able to take direction and follow instructions well; Ability to lead by example
· Have and maintain a professional, well-kept appearance
· Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed
· Ability to travel domestic and internationally (passport required)
· Have and maintain a clean driving record
· Strong Microsoft Office skills, MS Excel and Word.
Must be proactive in furthering industry knowledge through research and reading. Company will provide continuing education/training as needed when company sees fit. Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational workshops or researching new ways of doing job duties;
In exchange for the above, the client offers a competitive salary with a strong benefits package, including health insurance and 401K match.