US Navy Gas Turbine Control and Automation System Service Engineer
Ability to be based in Fort Lauderdale, FL or Everett, WA
Duties To Include:
- Field support as required on Woodward, Regulateurs Europa, Heinzmann and Diesel Kiki Actuators, Mechanical Governors and Electronic Governors and Power-Management Controls
- In-office support of customers as directed by Service Manager o
- In-office support of engineering projects as directed by Engineering Manager or designate
- Calibration of all Woodward and other third party actuators and governors
- Assist in building and testing electrical cabinets
- Deliver standard and customized training on customer sites based on existing or yet to be developed training modules.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience on the Woodward turbine controls and fuel valves associated with complex turbine controls like the LM2500, Rolls Royce, Allison combustion turbines etc.
- In depth Knowledge of combustion turbine operation, inspection and testing
- Governing and power management controls knowledge.
- Understanding of logic (relay or digital)
- Working knowledge of the AVR and how a generator works.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office business software, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio
- Demonstrated self starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in english a must, spanish would be a plus).
- Customer oriented with good interpersonal skills and ability to write concise reports and follow up with customers
- Attention to detail
- Have the ability to be trained on the products and services to the Marine and Industrial markets – product specific training will be provided to enhance an established knowledge and education in power generation and propulsion control
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or equivalent military training and held senior supervisory rank
- US Navy or US Coast Guard gas turbine electronics technician experience is highly valued
- 10 years relevant work experience in power generation, industrial automation or related industry
- Able to travel, domestically and internationally (Travel approx 60% of time)
- Valid US Driving License
- Valid USA Passport
- Security clearance for access for US Military Installations domestic and foreign bases
- Ability to accept urgent travel, and technical support is required outside of normal working hours and on public holidays