Our client is one of the liner shipping company who provides shipping services and port agency services within their network.
- Lead and manage the project/oilfield services team
- Oversees & assist the operations team responding to local and international quote requests on project and break-bulk cargo
- Negotiating rates and maintaining relationships with vendors
- Oversee & lead the planning of the best transport solution for all types of cargo; especially complex OOG cargoes
- Ensure HSEQ procedures are completed and continuous improvement is driven as priority
- Lead the team’s learning and development about HSE
- Ensure team prepares documentation and invoicing in timely manner and per requirements.
- Review and manage the allocation of resources, including staff across the department, and nationwide organisation, to ensure efficiencies are maximised
- Review reporting / KPI requirements monthly
- Keep up-to-date on any regulation changes within the country that may impact on our activities
- Work closely with the product’s Project Manager
- B.A. Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or business related
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management and Transport an advantage
- Min 8 years of experience in oilfield and/or project logistics
- Connections with break-bulk operations with strong connections
- Strong knowledge of HSEQ systems and processes
- Technical Background an advantage
- Supervisory experience an advantage
- Marine Logistics experience an advantage
- Leadership/Management training an advantage
- Understands the project logistics and/or the oilfield sectors & associated terminology.
- Understands how to make detailed quotations.
- Capable to represent the company to vendors and customers at a senior level.
- Understands how risk is managed and contractual issues are looked after in the company’s best interest.
- Capable of formulating & implementing transparent mechanisms for vendor management, to include negotiating & contracting with suppliers.
- Capable of leading teams and imparting knowledge.
- Capable of reviewing and managing the allocation of resources, including staff, across the department to ensure efficiencies are maximized.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to solving complex problems.
- Excellent leadership skills across areas of HR, Operations and HSEQ
- Able to accept flexible working hours / requirements.
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312