Our Client is a leading international dry bulk ship owner. Due to business developments they are looking to hire a Port Captain to be based in Singapore and cover the Asia Pacific region.
In this position you will be responsible for vessels whilst in port in the region. You will be travelling extensively (up to 60% of the time) and will be hands on in driving improved performance. Responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating with Operators to manage performance in port
- Ensure optimum commercial performance of vessels in port
- Assisting on operational issues in port
- Conducting port visits and meeting with terminal management, stevedores, agents etc
- Carry out cargo analysis / manage stowage / optimize intake
- Manage maintenance of equipment
- Master Mariner with at least 2 years relevant shore based experience
- Strong experience in all major dry bulk cargos – coal, iron ore, steel, grains etc
- Good knowledge of Asia Pacific region and ports
Our Client can offer an attractive salary and the opportunity to develop your career with an established and well regarded business.