Our client, a leader in the movement of oil and general cargo within the Americas, is looking for an experienced Port Engineer to maintain their fleet of modern tankers. In this role, you will work with both the ship's crew as well as the third party technical managers, managing day to day P.M. as well as vessel dry-dock periods. On a daily basis you will leverage your engineering background while utilizing your business acumen to represent the company and their interests. We are looking for someone with the following-
- College degree, marine engineering preferred, maritime academy ideal
- Experience sailing on tankers, First or Chief Engineer highly preferred
- Previous shoreside technical management experience
- Experience with shipyards, managing a dry-dock a plus.
- Must be comfortable making decisions and working for the interest of the company/owner
- Position is based in Houston and is on LOCAL TERMS, must be currently authorized to live/work in the United States
In return for above, our client offers a generous base salary, potential for annual bonus, great benefits and paid holiday. This is a great opportunity to join a great organization where you can leverage both your time at sea as well as your shoreside engineering experience. The company is growing and for the right individual, you will be able to grow both personally and professionally with the company.