Our client, a leader in providing professional services to the maritime and oil/gas industries, is looking for an experienced Port Engineer to join their existing team. In this role, you will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the fleet. You will also be responsible to manage various drydock/shipyard visits during the year, working closely with the yard, outside vendors and ship's personal to ensure on budget and on time performance. We are looking for someone with the following:
- Marine Engineering Degree, maritime academy preferred; extensive industry experienced may also be considered
- Able to diagnose and repair multiple projects, working with the ship's crew
- Extensive dry dock experience, must be able to work off a spec to complete drydock period, including change orders and final bill
- Able to travel, up to 50%, sometime for longer periods at a time
- Familiar with USCG and ABS regulations
- This is a US based position, must be currently authorized to work in the US, no visa/sponsorship at this time
In return for the above, our client offers a generous base salary, excellent benefits, 401k and paid company vacation. This is a great opportunity to join an established maritime company where you can leverage your past engineering experience in a fast paced and exciting environment.