Project Engineer - Our client is looking for an engineering professional with project management and energy optimization experience. This role requires sound technical knowledge and excellent management skills.
• Ensure proper planning and timely execution of project(s) aimed to reduce fuel consumption;
• Efficient and effective implementation of new energy conservation initiative(s);
• Collaborate with ship force, and other key stakeholders in project planning, implementation, and execution phases;
• Provide expertise and guidance in energy saving opportunities and regulatory impact;
• Provide viable solutions and corrective actions required to address issues encountered with the implementation of a new technology which require a higher level of expertise in the specific field;
• Provide input to annual planning and budgeting process for energy conservation, as applicable;
• BS in related engineering field
• 5+ years in the maritime industry or 7+ years in a sailing or shoreside role.
• Strong technical and analytic skills to ensure proper equipment selection, implementation, and operation.
• Leadership and management ability to properly plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong time management skills to keep project(s) moving forward.
• Strong communication skills as collaboration with multiple parties will be necessary.
Keywords: maritime shipping marine LNG LPG offshore oilgas engineer ship flagship
• Must be capable of working in a shipboard machinery space
• Average travel required estimated at 25%