JOB TITLE: Project Planner / Scheduler
Planner / Scheduler is responsible for planning, scheduling, progress measurement, change management implementation and analysis of several projects. This role will use advance planning scheduling techniques, and risk management techniques to support the program (& project) objectives. Furthermore, provide expertise and best practice implementation with regard to the planning and scheduling discipline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement project planning & scheduling, plans and procedures, reflecting both RCL and contractor responsibilities.
- Experience in overall program scheduling – not just working on specific projects, but looking at an overall program with multiple projects that interact with each other.
- Assist the Project Team(s) in evaluating and monitoring the contractors progress, as well as consulting and troubleshooting issues.
- Excellent computer skills with in depth knowledge of Primavera scheduling software and Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare a Critical Path Schedule (CPM)
- Coordinate the development and implementation of project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) in concert with the Project Manager(s), Program Manager(s), and Program Director.
- Provide interface and quality assurance to functional groups and contractors regarding the tracking and reporting of schedule performance.
- Conduct the required project schedule analysis, critical path analysis and schedule risk analysis for the project as a whole.
- Analyze deviations from the baseline in the Project Master schedule highlighting bottlenecks / delays and propose corrective actions.
- Prepare the routine Project Report(s) and ad-hoc reports / presentations.
- Analyze and highlight the overall schedule impact of any variance / change order.
- Work closely with various project teams to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the schedules.
- Maintain a position to advise project management on issues requiring judgment.
- Candidate will need to balance multiple projects that will likely be executed in multiple locations and by multiple contractors. Candidate must be flexible and able to balance / prioritize multiple priorities.
- Ability to travel if required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops good working relationships with project team
- Must have a minimum of 8+ years’ scheduling experience
- Proficiency with scheduling software, with a strong preference placed on Primavera and MS Project
- Applied use of MS Excel and/or MS Access in creating detailed, interactive spreadsheets, workbooks, and databases.
- Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling knowledge/experience and the ability to analyze schedules to determine duration and logic
- Experience with time impact analysis
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- A proven ability with creating reports by relating and extracting data from a variety of software platforms.
Specific Knowledge: Bachelor Degree in business, engineering, or construction management – or equivalent experience.
Working knowledge of personal computers within a Windows environment with e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and related printers and equipment. Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate in a multicultural environment, with all levels of employees and management. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and priorities.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to communicate effectively with various departments within the organization, both shipboard and shore side. Excellent interpersonal skills