Our client is a 3rd party ship management company that are managing tanker vessels and they are on the lookout for Purchaser with the provision for their tanker fleets that will be based in Singapore.
- Accurate input of vessel and office requisitions to the company system, clarifying any additional information as required in a timely and reliable manner.
- Select suppliers from approved suppliers lists, issue enquiries and orders, using Group contracts where applicable. Pay special attention to fast-track items.
- Liaise closely with Fleet Superintendents on purchasing matters.
- Co-ordinate delivery of ship spares and stores on authorisation from relevant departments and provide prompt advice of any problems.
- Advise spares shipment details to vessel and vessel agents.
- Progress the delivery of orders onboard, resolve any discrepancies, advised by vessel or Fleet Cell, with suppliers.
- Back-up other Purchasing Officers’ when absent and/or when required.
- Receive, check and manage invoices within the scope of the procedures and pass to the Accounts Department for payment.
- GCE'A'/'O' Level with 1-2 yrs related experience in a shipping company.
- At least 2 years of experience with shipping companies as Purchasers.
- Resourceful with good negotiation skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312