Our client is a 3rd party ship management company that are managing tanker vessels and they are on the lookout for Purchaser with the provision for their tanker fleets that will be based in Singapore.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manages the purchasing process according to established procedures and policies, including proper documentation and solicitation of competitive quotations for goods and services from approved suppliers.
- Monitors and handles the supply and delivery process of duly approved purchases to vessels.
- Liaises closely with Technical Executives for optimum supply chain operation in accordance with the ships’ needs
- Liaises with Data Entry Clerk to generate purchase requisitions within the procurement system
- Updates and distributes supply status report to vessel and superintendents on a bi-monthly basis
- Other duties as assigned.
Has regular contacts with Procurement, Technical and Account department
Has regular contacts with vessel senior officer, suppliers, ship agents, ship owners and freight forwarders
Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Purchaser/Technical Assistant in a ship Technical/ Operations department, or in technical / industrial purchase.
Key Knowledge Areas
Operations of ship supplies, good understanding of procurement practices and procedures (both market and internal)
Skills & Competencies
- Good administration skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills
- Priority setting
- Attentive to details
- Decision MakingFamiliar with Microsoft Office
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312