Our client, an international leader in the maritime industry, is looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team. In this role, you work with external vendors to source and negotiate the purchase of all materials, services and equipment used by the engineering group. We are looking for someone with the following:
- Bachelors Degree, maritime academy preferred. Will consider relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- Previous experience purchasing technical spares and equipment in a maritime environment is required
- Must be organized and able to work independently to ensure purchasing requirements are being met
- Work closely with technical team to ensure best delivery, warehousing, etc for execution of purchase orders
- This is a US based position, relocation is available but you must be currently authorized to work in the US
In return for the above, our client offers a generous base salary, excellent company benefits, paid vacation and potential for annual performance based bonus. This is a great opportunity to leverage your previous purchasing experience with a growing international shipping company.