Our client is the leading ship manager with operations worldwide. They are now on the lookout for a Purchasing Officer to be based in their Singapore office.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
- Accurate input of vessel and office requisitions to the company system, clarifying any additional information as required in a timely and reliable manner.
- Select suppliers from approved suppliers lists, issue enquiries and orders, using Group contracts where applicable. Pay special attention to fast-track items.
- Liaise closely with Fleet Superintendents on purchasing matters.
- Co-ordinate delivery of ship spares and stores on authorisation from relevant departments and provide prompt advice of any problems.
- Advise spares shipment details to vessel and vessel agents.
- Progress the delivery of orders onboard, resolve any discrepancies, advised by vessel or Fleet Cell, with suppliers.
- Back-up other Purchasing Officers’ when absent and/or when required.
- Receive, check and manage invoices within the scope of the procedures and pass to the Accounts Department for payment.
- Numerical accuracy combined with a methodical approach to work
- Good oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to develop rapport quickly
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Computer literate
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
EA License No: 14C7312