Our client, is one of the oldest independent British shipping companies managing its own tonnage and is on a look out for a Purchasing Officer to be based in Singapore.
- Process ship requisitions (spares and stores) and ensure timely delivery to ships
- Liaising with managers or ship crews for information and specifications and deal with problems.
- Negotiate with vendors to meet the standards required.
- Train and educate vessels on purchasing procedures and requirements.
- Diploma in Purchasing Management or Maritime Studies or related qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ of relevant experience Marine Shipping Purchasing
- Knowledge of Amos M&P and E commerce purchasing or similar system would be a distinct advantage
- Understand the SAP Application
- Shipping/Logistics industry experience preferred
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W