Are you a Purchasing Officer looking for overseas exposure? Our client, an established ship owner is currently on the lookout for Purchasing Supervisor to be based at their office in the Middle East. Tax Free! Housing included! Reach out to us now.
As the Purchasing Officer, you will be expected to work closely with the Procurement Manager to manage the purchasing functions for the company. Plan, organize, and negotiate directly with vendors and suppliers for the purchase of materials, spares and equipment used by the vessels. Ensure efficient and reliable purchasing system. Regularly review the company’s purchasing requirements, negotiate contracts and keeping with budgetary requirements.
- Manage / Improve the purchasing process, work with multiple suppliers and vendors in determining the best deals for the company
- Negotiate with suppliers for low and mid-value purchase / contracts and lead discussion on the terms and conditions of the procurement agreement
- Oversee the procurement function in ensuring that all POs / Contracts are signed in compliance to internal policies and issued in a timely manner
- To lead daily operation of the procurement department and provide overall supervisory to the team
- Ensure procurement department’s best practices and policies are in compliance
- Work closely with business control and finance department in the alignment of process and control compliances and reporting matters
- Report and update to the department manager on daily operational issues and work on strategic long term procurement activities
- Diploma / Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of purchasing / procurement experience in the shipping & maritime environment
- Candidates coming from ship chandler / shipyard background will have advantage
- Process critical thinking, analytical, negotiation and good communication skills
- Good in sourcing and interpersonal skills
- Willing to relocate to Middle East