Quality, Safety, and Environmental Manager - Shipyard
Responsibilities and Daily Challenges:
- Develops and maintains key metrics, control systems and recordkeeping criteria for all quality testing, procedures and protocols;
- Maintains library of applicable quality reference materials, including all training certificates and welders’ qualification certification of shipyard employees and other qualifications;
- Reviews applicable contractual requirements (technical standard, specifications, etc.);
- Defines and reviews QA/QC files and develops and assigns inspection techniques, documentation, and milestones in association with the relevant project manager;
- Executes or supervises inspections according to QA/QC plan and the established inspection procedures/techniques;
- Ensures vessels are built in accordance with contract and regulatory standards and maintains documentation of compliance. Coordinates with customers and regulating bodies to obtain approvals as required during construction;
Safety and Environmental Concerns:
- Reviews current policies and develops new procedures to improve safety standards;
- Maintains key metrics, including certifications, and permitting, and general inventory of key shipyard equipment;
- Documents a formal Health & Safety (H&S) annual plan to capture initiatives, summary training plans, reporting and KPIs to be achieved;
- Ensures all activities conform to H&S regulations and legislation. A working knowledge of EPA and OSHA Regulations and shipyard and construction CFRs is required;
- For safety incidents, ensures investigations take place and provides input and advice as required, documents findings and recommendations;
- Maintains library of applicable quality, H&S rules and regulations, including all training certificates and welders’ qualification certifications;
- Enforces all Company policies regarding personal protective equipment (PPE), as required by OSHA and as stipulated in the Company’s Responsible Carrier Program Manual;
- Provides guidance and support for personnel hiring initiatives, including employee performance, growth, training and retention and other human resource initiatives;
- Conducts weekly “Tool Box” Safety training and conducts safety orientations;
- Conducts environmental inspections and lead environmental trainings.
- Sets the tone and vision for H&S for the shipyard;
Work Environment Conditions:
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to current or daily job duties
- Be fit for a respirator
- Carry up to 50 pounds
- Constantly climb stairs and ladders on daily basis
- Bend, twist, kneel and reach constantly
- Endure noise, fumes, dust and inclement weather
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and other project management software is required.
- Completion of four years of college level course work equivalent to a B.S. in production management or engineering and extensive experience managing multiple areas within a manufacturing facility combined with considerable supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which results in the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Marine experience is desirable.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation & sick time and company paid holidays.