Responsible for developing and implementing strategies in support of the organization’s long-term business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs the sales activity for the client on assigned accounts through ongoing personal contact.
• Evaluates performance to our current customers to ensure their needs are being met and the commitment by shipper is occurring.
• Implements and executes strategic sales and marketing plans to achieve management objectives
• Takes control and resolves customer issues utilizing all areas of our organization.
• Provides verbal and written input and feedback to the team through regular customer contact and networking as industry events.
• Utilizes metrics and traffic pattern data to drive sales activity and improve loaded miles and front/backhaul percentages.
• Oversees and lead KPI tracking and presentation to customer, as assigned. Utilizes all other sales and marketing tools and systems, as directed.
• Develops and maintains long term relationships with customers through regular contact and in person visits to docks/terminals.
• Partners and assists with business development initiatives, including development of business plans, joint calls and ongoing team work to insure we maintains competitive edge.
• Provides written input as required related to sales opportunities, market updates and marketing activity to the VP of Sales.
• Works directly with VP to provide recommendations on sales and marketing strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all related communication channels, promotional materials, and events.
• Attends trade shows, conventions, conferences and other events as assigned.
• Takes charge and plans customer events and entertainment activities in accordance with company policy and budgetary guidelines.
• Complies with company safety, regulatory, and other compliance policies.
Bachelor's Degree Required
B.S. in Marketing or a related field (Master's degree is a plus)
10-15 years of previous sales and marketing experience within the petrochemical industry is preferred.